A new puppy brings a whole new world and a great amount of happiness to the home (our dog training classes are always tons of fun with new puppies)! But with great happiness comes great responsibility. And you want to make sure that as a responsible dog owner, you have all the tools necessary to welcome your new pup. But don’t fret! Wag Ur Tail Dog Training has assembled a list of things to purchase in anticipation of your new dog.
- Dog food: This is a no-brainer! But puppies will go through tons of food, so be prepared with a good amount.
- Dog bowls: You don’t have to get fancy bowls, all you need is two bowls: one for food and one for water.
- Bed: Get your puppy something comfortable! You could do with something small for now but eventually as your puppy grows you will have to buy a bigger bed.
- Leash and collar: How else will you take your puppy safely out to play?
- A carrier: A great way to take your puppy everywhere!
- A crate: Find an appropriate-sized cage. If it’s too big, your puppy will have enough space to go potty in it; if it’s too small, your puppy won’t have room to stretch. A crate is a great way to keep your puppy secure in the car and at home.
- Toys: You are going to need lots of them! Your puppy will want to play all the time and toys will allow him to do that instead of chewing your furniture and personal items.
- House training pads: You want your puppy to start learning to go potty outside, but have these in hand just in case your puppy hasn’t received dog training classes yet.
- Grooming supplies: Your puppy will have many outdoor adventures, and you will want to have shampoo, a brush, flea control, toothbrush, toothpaste and dog nail clippers.
- Schedule dog training classes: We train as early as eight weeks old!
We hope this list helps you in preparing for the arrival of your new puppy. If you are interested in dog training classes, call Wag Ur Tail Dog training at (540) 834-8353. We provide dog training classes to the areas of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.